Apply now to join our PhD program in life sciences. We train the next generation of scientists to study complex biological processes that cannot be adequately understood within the limits of a single discipline. The challenging and innovative program bridges between diverse disciplines and several levels of biological organization.
Research fields covered include:
- biochemistry and structural biology
- bioinformatics and computational biology
- molecular and cellular biology
- developmental biology and genetics
- genomics and proteomics
- microbiology and microbiome science
- evolutionary biology and ecology
- excellent research facilities
- a fully funded research position (payment level according to E13 65% TVöD Bund). The salary includes all mandatory social insurance contributions for healthcare, unemployment, and retirement benefits.
- tailored support from your advisor and a thesis advisory committee
- opportunities to visit international meetings to present your work
- core and optional development opportunities to improve your scientific and transferable skills
- a multicultural environment with English as the working language
Who can apply?
To be eligible to apply you need
- an excellent University degree (obtained or pending) at Masters level in the life sciences or a related discipline. All prior degree work must be finished before the PhD start date.
- the skills and knowledge matching your proposed area of doctoral research
- to be able to demonstrate a high level of written and spoken English
- to have strong motivation to work in international teams and a passion for research
- GRE General Test scores are required from applicants with degrees obtained outside the European Higher Education Area.
The International Max Planck Research School (IMPRS) “From Molecules to Organisms” program is offered by the Max Planck Institute for Biology Tübingen in collaboration with the Friedrich Miescher Laboratory and the Eberhard Karls University in Tübingen, Germany.
More information about our additional IMPRS summer application round can be found on the IMPRS website.
Apply online from 1 July 2022 until 5 September 2022!